Our next elopement photography workshop is going to be in Moab in November 2021! Moab is one of my absolute favorite places. There are so many things to do, places to go, and adventures to be had. In recent years, Moab has become a sort of “adventure Mecca” that has drawn in people from all over the country and even all over the world. People come to Moab for climbing, rafting, hiking, canyoneering, hiking, Jeeping, helicopter tours, skydiving, and all sorts of other adventures.
Since I live so close to Moab, I work there all the time and I can’t wait to share Moab with everyone!
Although Moab is famous for its red rocks and desert areas, Moab also has the beautiful Manti-La Sal Mountains close by. The mountains are a completely different environment than the surrounding desert complete with alpine lakes, wildflowers, aspens, and pine trees.
Quick facts about Moab…
• Moab is located in the high desert with elevations from around 4,000 feet to over 12,000 feet in the mountains.
• The soil is alive! The cryptobiotic soil crust is very sensitive to human impact and sustains life in the desert.
• Moab only gets about 9 inches of rain PER YEAR!
• Moab is close to 3 parks- Arches, Canyonlands, and Deadhorse Point. But there are also endless miles of public lads outside of the parks.
• One possible explanation for the name “Moab” comes from a Native American word that means “mosquito water”.
Where We’ll Be Staying in Moab
We will be staying in a large AirBnB just south of Moab. It has lots of space, an outdoor patio, and a hot tub. It has 3 bathrooms and 5 bedrooms with lots of common areas inside and outside. It is also close to some hiking areas such as Ken’s Lake.
Timeline and Check-in Times
* A more detailed timeline and more information and specific locations will be provided after booking
• Check in at 11:30pm on November 3rd, 2021. We’ll have heavy snacks but a full lunch won’t be provided
- Class with Traci on Styled Shoots, Permits, Leave No Trace and more!
• Rock Climbing sunset styled shoot at one of the local arches!
- Dinner to follow back at the Airbnb
• Sunrise styled shoot at Dead Horse State Park
• Class with Malachi on SEO, Google Ranking, Blogging + Website
• Sunset off road Styled Shoot at Fishers Tower
(breakfast, lunch and dinner provided this day)
• Breakfast and then virtual class on Pinterest marketing
- What’s in our bags during an elopement? Also open questions
• Check out by noon
We can’t wait to see you at our Moab workshop. Be sure to reserve your ticket and we’ll see you there. You are definitely welcome to extend your stay and we are happy to provide input on where to stay, things to do, and places to visit!