We are excited to announce the 2023 Love on Earth Workshop!
****DRUM ROLL**** We will be in……
The Eastern Sierra Nevadas of California
WE’LL SEE YOU SOON!
“The Love on Earth Workshop was an amazing experience for me. Being this was my first workshop, I had no idea really what to expect. As a bit of an introvert, I can get nervous around a group of people I do not know, but this group was amazing and very welcoming! Getting to meet other awesome photographers who were eager to learn from each other as well as from the classes was the best part to me. Traci did an AMAZING job with the styled shoots, I am so excited about the images I was able to get for my portfolio. Malachi explained SEO in a way I could finally understand and make the necessary changes to my business to get myself out in front of my ideal clients. Very much worth the investment, this Workshop is an experience you will not regret! “2021 Past Love on Earth Workshop Attendee
Get the details…..
We are hosting the workshop in Lone Pine, California this year on a private ranch! Here you will find a beautiful place to step out of our main stream busy lives and connect with like minded people, nature and your business. We chose this location based on votes from folks interested in attending the workshop, the fact that it is unique/not an overly photographed location with epic views and weather for this time of year!
Like every year we hold a workshop, they just keep getting better and better!
The styled shoots will be in:
- Death Valley National Park (salt flats, painted deserts)
- Alabama Hills (boulders with stunning mountain views, desert)
- Inyo National Forest (mountains, hot springs, evergreens, lakes)
Our styled shoots are focused on the fact that you will be marketing for adventure elopements. Sure we make sure they are pretty, but we also make sure they are going to help you sell full day packages once you leave here. We plan to include climbing/bouldering, hiking, hot springs and night photography in this year’s shoots. Do not worry – you do not need to be a hiker or climber to attend the workshop and photograph these epic shoots! We design the styled shoots so that any level of experience can enjoy and capture them. We also always try our best to make sure we have diverse and inclusive representation when selecting models for styled shoots.
Never done night photography? We’re here to help you master it so you can get those epic star photos for your couples! Get hands-on training and experience multiple shooting styles from each of us. We all do this a little differently, so we will be teaching each style and helping you do it with your own cameras. We will also teach you how to plan for these in advance! Whether you’re a beginner or looking to up your photography game, you’ll leave with the skills and knowledge to plan and execute stunning night photography sessions.
We are stepping up the education a lot this year!!! The Love on Earth workshop is founded on strong education and teaching photographers how to use their images to leverage more inquiries and book their dream jobs. You will have three full time adventure elopement photographers as your instructors. Your instructors actually all met and became close friends from a workshop they attended when first starting out in the industry. Since meeting not only have we formed a friendship and the Love on Earth Workshop, but we also are each others “accountability partners” which is so valuable as a small business owner. We hope that you can make a similar connection in attending our workshop. Below is what your three instructors will be teaching about specifically during their classes:
- Traci Edwards (Adventure and Vow) – Traci and her husband Bill are an elopement photography team based in Washington. She started her business in 2018 after working with the official PGA photographer for three years and falling in love with the outdoor adventures in the Western part of the US. She started her elopement business from scratch after coming from the golf industry, quickly learning the best way to build a portfolio was to create her own styled shoots that were unique and spoke directly to her couples. After growing a six figure business and starting to get her ideal couples she learned quickly the key to a successful long term business in this industry is creating a top notch client experience. Now Adventure and Vow has 110+ 5 star Google Reviews which helps them gain the trust of future couples. While Bill will be cooking all of the meals for the workshop, she will be teaching:
- How to plan your own styled shoots that result in new business
- How to structure your business from first touch to final touch with a client
- How to get 5 star reviews
- How to prepare for an elopement, the big day!
- Leave No Trace
- Malachi Lewis (Shell Creek Photography) – Malachi is an adventurous elopement photographer based on the western slope of Colorado who helps couples plan elopements in remote parts of Utah, Colorado, and other amazing in the western United States. He moved from Nebraska to Colorado in 2018 to specialize more in elopements and to be closer to the mountains, deserts, and other outdoor places he loves. He was able to scale his business by using various SEO methods to bring in leads and build authority locally and in destinations. Currently, Malachi is ranking on page 1 for over 400+ keywords!!!! He will be teaching:
- What is SEO and how to get started
- Why you shouldn’t be focusing too much on images and why you should start focusing more on content
- How to rank your most important website pages on Google
- On page versus off page SEO strategies
- The best methods for writing informational blog posts that get you elopement bookings
- Aimée (Aimée Flynn Photography) – Aimée is an elopement photographer based out of Flagstaff- but splits her time between Arizona and Utah (among other amazing places in the west!) She moved from Chicago to AZ in 2018 after pining for the desert for many years. In the fall of 2019 she dove into her photography business with elopements as her niche- and has never looked back. Recently, Aimee has been named Range Finders Top 30 Rising Stars in the wedding industry and won awards by June Bug Weddings. Before Aimée was an elopement photographer she was a therapist for 10 years. The skills she learned as a therapist have been key in being a successful business owner and keeping (and prioritizing!) a healthy mindset. She will be teaching:
- Tips to help manage the stress of busy season and the lull of a booking drought
- Strategies to stop the comparison doom
- Steps to set boundaries with your clients and yourselves
- How to move away from burnout and towards the illusive work/life balance
Not only will we be teaching our classes to the entire group, but we will also be working one on one with each attendee to answer their direct concerns, coach them on how to reach their unique goals and more.
We can not wait to meet you all and start teaching you how to grow your business!
- There will only be 8 tickets available for this year’s workshop. We like to keep our workshops small so it is easier to get the images you want during the styled shoots and so we can spend time getting to know you and your business and help the best we can! We believe smaller workshops create the best environment for learning, building bonds with the other people there and the best outcome for creativity.
- The tickets will be $3200 – Your ticket includes your stay, all of your meals (home cooked, healthy meals), education and styled shoots. If you would like to attend with your partner + will be sharing a bed with each other we have up to 3 “couples” tickets available for $5000.
- To purchase a ticket you fill out the form on our site and then Traci will email you (from email@example.com) the contract and invoice. Once you have signed and paid your seat will be reserved!
- Tickets are non-refundable. If you can not attend the workshop anymore after purchasing you can sell it to another photographer and they can take your place at the workshop. Please just communicate this with us beforehand and connect us to the new attendee!
The only other thing you need to plan for other than your ticket cost is how you plan to get to the Airbnb we will all be staying at. This may mean a flight and rental car. In the past attendees have shared a rental car. We connect everyone in a Facebook Group once they purchase their ticket so you immediately have access to meet everyone, start chatting about business, education, goals, etc!
There is only 1 ticket left!
The closest airports to the Airbnb are: Bakersfield (2.5 hours), Mammoth (2 hours), Las Vegas (4 hours) and LAX (3.5 hours)
What will the workshop schedule look like?
Here is what you can expect. Note: once you purchase a ticket and the schedule is finalized you will receive it via email. You can expect the schedule at least 60 days before the workshop so it is easier to plan your travel.
NOVEMBER 10th – optional day
All attendees can arrive starting at 5:30pm for socializing – optional dinner at 6:30pm in town (this meal is not covered in your ticket cost, each person is responsible for their own meal this evening)
Wake up at 6:00am to breakfast, 1 hour to socialize and get ready
Grab to go lunch from Airbnb + Gear needed for styled shoot
9:45am leave for styled shoot
12:05am-12:50pm portraits of attendees
1:20pm-2:40pm First look + Ceremony in a canyon
Overlook in the park for first dance and portraits and picnic dinner 2:50-5:10pm
Arrive back at 7:15pm
Dinner at AirBnB 7:30pm
5:35am leave airbnb
5:50am-9am Sunrise at Alabama Hills – Styled Shoot with bouldering/climbing and an additional couple
9:45am – 12:45pm Classes (3 hours)
Lunch open chatting or prepping gear
2:30pm – 3:45pm Picnic in boulder field with couple
4:35pm- 6:15pm or later hot spring blue hour/star photos
12-1pm Open Q+A while lunch is served
Attendee check out no later than 2:30pm
“One of the BEST decisions I have ever made! Before this workshop, everything I had learned about photography was all online. I had never attended a workshop, never met with other photographers, and had only just started to think about turning my passion for photography into a business. I was very nervous and didn’t know what to expect—and all of that went away by day one. Traci, Malachi, Aimee, and Bill could not have been more welcoming and thoughtful. They incorporated so much into this workshop and structured our days very well. The styled shoots were so beautifully done, even when the weather took a turn. Everyone, including the other attendees, vendors, and models were amazing and loved being there. Still to this day, both our hosts and other attendees continue to be supportive of each other’s businesses. This workshop is worth every penny. I promise you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner!”2022 Workshop Attendee